Take a spin on your ice skates at Big White’s Olympic sized outdoor rink, surrounded by the breathtaking view of snow-covered trees and picturesque mountains. Whether you are looking for leisurely ice skating with family and friends, or a friendly pickup hockey game with the locals, this world class rink is for you.
Operating Dates & Times
|11:00am - 9:00pm
||Sunday - Thursday
|11:00am - 10:00pm||Friday & Saturday||* currently closed
|11:00am - 10:00pm
*Start & end dates are subject to change with weather conditions.
Hours and dates of operation are subject to change based upon weather and conditions.
Ice Skating Rates
|Rink Ticket||Skate Rental||Hockey Stick Rental||Helmet Rental||Souvenir
($30 deposit required)
||$5.00||$6.00 + HST|
|All rentals require a credit card and photo identification. Prices do not include tax and are subject to change without notice.|
- All participants must be wearing skates to enter the rink.
- Slap shots and raising the puck are not permitted.
- Helmets recommended.
- All participants must follow attendant's instructions. Unsafe conduct will result in the removal of your ticket without refund.
- Be prepared for varying weather conditions and temperatures.
- Wear warm winter clothing.
How to Get There
- From the Village Centre - take Lara's Gondola to Happy Valley, turn right in front of Happy Valley Day Lodge for entrance to the skating rink
- By Vehicle - Park in the Happy Valley Parking Lot, proceed to the skating rink
- Olympic sized ice surface.
- Ticket Sales located in the Happy Valley Day Lodge.
- Hot snacks/beverages available for purchase in the Happy Valley Day Lodge, featuring Belgian Waffles, hot dogs, hot chocolate, and some other types of snack food and beverages.
- Heated Washroom facilities in the Happy Valley Day Lodge.
- Fully lit for night skating.
- Bonfire daily after 3pm to warm up around.
- Ice buddies to assist beginner skaters.